Saturday, November 22, 2014

Kicking off the Holidays

Today was a day to kick off both Thanksgiving and Christmas. Jay and I took the little girls to the Tom Turkey Sing Along at Music Hall with the Pops. The girls loved the ballerinas and the dancing turkeys and dancing food. Sylvia was also in awe of the beautiful big chandelier, since it is about 100 times bigger than the chandelier in her room. It was a fun little show, but we were very glad Charlie could not go (basketball game), as he would NOT have been fond of the ballerinas. Dancing ninja turtles, maybe, but not ballerinas.
After lunch at Grammy's, Margot went home to take a nap, and Poppie took Claire home to hang with Charlie and Alex for the day. So Sylvia and I made some chocolate chip cookies, and then Rach called to see if I wanted to go with her and the kids to Festival of Lights. Sylvain was working at the Reds for a wedding, so I jumped at the chance to spend the evening with my favorite little family. We got there early enough to see Santa (Sylvia wants Mulan and Pocahontas costumes and Margot wants a Frozen blanket and a story book) and the reindeer with not much of a line, and we also got to see the black light show. By the time we were leaving it was so packed you could hardly move, and the lines to get in at 7:15 were so long! It was the 1st night of FOL, and a pretty, mild night, so everyone had the same idea to get to the zoo. I'm just glad we got there early, because waiting in lines all night would not be my idea of a good time. So all in all it was a wonderful day of making memories with the grandkids. I still thank God every day that He brought Rach and her family back here to Northern Kentucky. I enjoy every minute I get to spend with any and all of the little ones, and I'm also so thankful that Rach/Sylvain and Matt/Jenn allow us to be with them so much. It's our greatest joy!

1 comment:

  1. What a great weekend! We're so grateful to have so much family around to help kick off the holidays!

    ReplyDelete