Sunday, October 3, 2010

My First Attempt at Blogging

I NEVER thought I'd do this.  I am way too old to do this; well kind of old.  However, my whole life I've always wished I'd been diligent enough to keep a journal.  I wish I had my thoughts on paper when I'd been through the highs and lows of life.  Other than a few notes posted in the baby books, and my "Travel Journal" I always grab before we leave on a trip, I have nothing to in writing to look back on and re-live some of the most memborable times of my life.

So, here it is.  And it came to me this weekend as I savor what a wonderful weekend it was.  My daughter and granddaughter (Sylvia, almost 6 months old) and I spent a lovely day at the Woolfest on Friday (I played hookie as Rach and Sylvain were on fall break).  It was just a perfect fall day, bright blue sky, leaves turning, and crisp, cool air.  Then we came home where the rest of the family (Jordan, Matt/Jenn and that other wonderful grandchild Charlie) gathered for gumbo, applie pie and a bon fire out back.  Jay is in heaven when he can get a crowd around the fire, and his brother Kurt and nephew Aaron showed up too, not to mention little Adam next store, the King of S'mores! 

On Saturday morning, Rach, Sylvia, Grandma and I went to Penney's to have our "4 Generations of Neltner Women" portrait done.  It turned out really well, was a lot of fun, but exhausting.  Sylvia did great; those eyes just get bluer and those cheeks just get chubbier, and she gets sweeter every day.

Then to top off the day, Rach and Sylvain had a date night and left Sylvia in grammy's care - hooorrrayyy!!!  I loved having some alone time with my Sylvi-pie.  We did our own little photo shoot, then dinner, bath, story time and bottle before lots of hugs and kisses, swaddling and night-night.  They all packed up and left this morning, which is always sad.  But I'm hoping to see them again next weekend when we go to the 'ville to a pumpkin farm. 

I love the fall, and weekends like this -- just good old family time -- make the season so much sweeter!  I am blessed.

1 comment:

  1. HOOORAAYYY!!! Welcome to the world of blogging, Mom! You're going to love it. Your title is fantastic! I'm adding you to my list of blogs to check every day! Yippee!

    Those pics of Sylvia are great. She really is the cutest thing on the planet! We had so much fun this weekend and can't wait to see you on Saturday!

    ReplyDelete