Monday, October 18, 2010

My Dear Deer are Back

I just found my long lost friends on Craigslist!  Yes, those wonderful reindeer who were part of my Christmas since we moved into this house 17 years ago are back.  I bought them at the Woolfest in 1993, and put them out every year.  Two years ago, I decided 15 years of the same lawn decorations for Christmas was enough; after the holidays, I packed up my white wooden reindeer and hauled them off to Goodwill.  I thought I'd come up with a new and exciting way to decorate my front yard for the holidays.  But alas, what I didn't count on was the "hole" I felt when it came time to pull out the decorations.  I missed my reindeer!!  Nothing out there could compare to those beautiful white deer with their big red bows, standing proudly in the stategically placed spotlight in front of the house.  I had to find them again.  For 2 years I've searched craft shows and yard sales, ebay and criagslist.  Tonight, the search is over! Tomorrow I pick up my dear deer and bring them back home.  Rachael will be so happy, not -- she always hated those deer and I really don't know why.  But I do know that I will never part with them again.  Wherever we end up, the deer will go too.  And that includes the nursing home.  Some day, someone will have to be sure my deer are outside my window, majestically displayed for all to see!  

1 comment:

  1. I hate them because they're UGLY!!!! I can't believe you found more of them because I'm shocked that anyone else in the world would have them...in tact...ready for another to use. Remember when Jordan and his friends took your "strategically placed" deer and placed them in their own "strategic" position in the front yard? Now THAT was funny.

    ReplyDelete